Ili's Professional Bio
On her first class, on the first day of graduate school, Ili knew that she had found her “thing” (marriage and family therapy). She recognizes that finding this love for specific work is rare, and she cherishes this blessing. Ili has applied her clinical skills to administration as well as direct service in hospitals, church settings, agencies, private practice, and business consulting. She is a speaker on family therapy topics and currently serves as an online graduate instructor for Messiah College. She has taught at the graduate level for both COAMFTE and CACREP accredited programs.
Ili is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and AAMFT-Approved Supervisor. She is currently writing her dissertation to complete a Ph.D. in Family Therapy. Originally from Puerto Rico, Ili grew up as an Army kid. She is an introvert (although it’s not obvious), and her favorite pastime is hearing people's life stories. Ili lives in South Florida with her husband and daughter, as well as her two rescued family members--Mia the lab mix, and Moxie the cat.
Ili Rivera Walter, LMFT, Ph.D (c):
- Clinical Fellow, AAMFT
- Approved Supervisor, AAMFT
- Member, American Association of Christian Counselors
- PREPARE/ENRICH Pre-marital + Marital Assessments
- Triple P Positive Parenting Program
- Myer’s Briggs Type Indicator Facilitator
- Qualified Supervisor for LMFTs and LMHCs, Florida
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Florida and Pennsylvania