“The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.”
If you’re a marriage and family therapist, or counselor, and you're:
- looking for tips and tools that can simplify your work
- feeling dissatisfied or disappointed with your work
- interested in learning more about theories, approaches, and the latest research, but you don't know where to begin
- frustrated because you have a ton to offer your clients, but no time to organize your thoughts and sessions
- feeling overworked and drained
- in need of a supportive community where you can share ideas, get encouragement, and learn
you’re in the right place! Being a therapist is hard work, but it doesn’t have to be overwhelming!
Hi, there. I'm Ili,
a licensed marriage and family therapist, clinical supervisor, professor, and systems theory nerd. I help therapists and counselors save time and love their work by providing tips, education, and a bunch of other resources based on research, as well as my personal experiences, mistakes, and professional journey. I simplify family therapy techniques and theories into simple solutions and action steps that will benefit your therapy work right now. I also write about a host of therapy topics on the blog.
I live for family therapy theory and research (I know—weird!). It is my mission to turn all that family therapy can offer clients into simple language and solutions, so that therapists can understand and implement these life-changing ideas easily, while being efficient and enjoying their days .
After spending over 10 years as a therapist in a variety of settings (private practice, church counseling, agency work, and hospitals), I noticed my struggles and disappointments with applying my knowledge in often hectic environments. As a clinical supervisor and professor, I learned from students and other therapists about their main challenges and greatest needs. I started this website to offer solutions and collaboration for these common problems. Of course, I am still learning, too, so let's learn together!
Want access to these solutions?
- Start here with a variety of free tools to get you started
- Subscribe to the Newsletter to receive useful weekly action steps + support
- Browse the blog for specific guidance as well as printable resources. I add valuable content weekly.
- Become a member of The Refreshed Therapist Network--an online membership community where you can get support and ideas for all aspects of the therapist life.
- Join the #wegetrefreshed movement, by using the hashtag on Instagram, or joining the free Get Refreshed community for therapists. The movement is based on the belief that we can go from STRESSED to refreshed by living out our values and vision within an encouraging community.
- Interested in tailored professional development through one-on-one coaching? Learn more about The Refreshed Therapist Coaching Program.
- Get in touch if you have any questions.
Thanks for visiting. I can't wait to connect with you!
To support therapists as they seek and find clarity in work, connections that sustain creativity and joy, and courage for sharing their specific message with those who need it most.
As featured on: